Thursday 25 August 2011

Nutcases

I'm sure that back in the good ol' days, Nanna Norma's modest laundry didn't possess the abundant array of cleaning and washing products that are commonplace in today's households. Why do young domestic goddesses of today feel it is so necessary to douse our clothes (and subsequently our skin) in so many harsh chemicals? Are we that much dirtier these days? Don't answer that...

I recently found out about Fair Trade & Organic
Nutcases after a quick pop-in visit to Maz and Baz's place (aka Mum and Dad). Mum approached with a little trial pack of these goodies- gotta love a freebie! Now I must admit, I've always been a bit of a sceptic when it comes to things my Mum endorses (magnet earrings do NOT suppress your appetite), but I thought I would give these little Nutcases a go. Derived from a tree called the Sapindus Mukorossi, they produce a berry-like fruit which is encased in a shell. When the shell of this fruit is dried, you get Soap Nuts! Mother Nature's fantastic little invention for washing clothes, hair, carpets- well just about anything! The question was, would my clothes actually come out clean... and smell nice? Peanut butter and nutella aren't exactly my fragrances of choice.

Verdict in. I am absolutely delighted to report, that after completing 3 loads of washing this morning (including my husband's stinky soccer gear) the clothes came out clean, fresh and quite frankly, smelling..... just FAB!


 
- 100% Natural so no reactions for sensitive skin or allergies

- No chemicals means your grey water can go straight in garden

- Being fair Trade means you needn't worry about where they are coming from

- Suitable for all types of washing, from Nappies to Delicates

- Hot or Cold water

- Front or Top Loader

- New or Old machines

- Hard or Soft Water

Check out the
Kussen web page for Perth Nutcase stockists!

No comments: