Tuesday 16 August 2011

Dream big

Ever since I was a little girl, I have been known to romanticise things that most people would consider normal or perhaps even mundane. This is not to say that I always dreamed of being a Princess (recent ‘Royal Wedding Fever’ excluded), but more along the lines of having a guilty pleasure for the simpler things in life.

My Mum’s favourite story to retell is my dream of owning a beautiful store, full of beautiful things, in a beautiful town full of beautiful people. She says I would explain to her in great detail, the items I would sell in my store, the name of the white shaggy dog who would keep me company, the location of my home in relation to the store (an old character style apartment on top of the store of course), the beautiful meals my adoring husband would cook for me, the stores my friends would own around me and last but not least, my mode of transportation…. The ‘Granny Bicycle’.

This simple vintage bicycle would take me anywhere I wanted to go. Its cane basket would carry all the things I needed for the day and I would set out on my adventures (white shaggy dog and adoring husband in tow).

Well now we can all have a piece of this little dream, with the help of Papillionaire.







These beautiful vintage bicycles are a dream come true and to top it off, the people at Papillionaire seem to share my love for the simple life, with their philosophy being: “to create bicycles for the urban lifestyle.  We buy milk on the corner, swim at the municipal pool, and live amongst our friends, in neighbourhoods; cultural, vibrant, modern.  And we get around on a Papillionaire.”

And if you stay tuned, I might just let you in on a little secret about the progression of my dream...

No comments: