Monday 15 August 2011

The Good Store

The Good Storekeeper’s name is Marshall Martin. After university, he was a shop assistant in the famous Mills Record Bar Fremantle, and was then a broadcaster with ABC radio.

Both these occupations presume that life can be a wide-ranging and interesting experience. He couldn’t work out why so many other places presumed the world was dull. Not co-incidentally, heaps of people seemed to be stressing over presents for their friends. Marshall figured that if shops were doing their job, they'd assume an interesting and diverse world. Buying presents would then be easy, and fun to boot.

Photo and information courtesy of http://www.thegoodstore.com.au/

The Good Store was born on 1st August  2006 - My first visit was on the 14th of August 2011...

I first drove past this striking store about four months ago on the way to a dinner with friends. However, being the ever punctual person I am, I put my shopping and gift buying pleasures aside in respect of my fellow diners. After spending about an hour in the store yesterday I could quite honestly say, I should have skipped dinner.....

Located at 363-367 Albany Hwy in Victoria Park, W.A

1 comment:

Angela said...

Looks great..where is it???