Saturday 20 August 2011

Got Milkd?

There is one thing guaranteed to get me through a day, and it is surprisingly..neigh disappointingly hard to come by in Old P Town (Perth). The humble coffee bean seems to have so many Perth Barista's stumped. Whether it be bitter, burnt or bland, a good cup is hard to come by!

One sunny morn' whilst walking with friends of the four legged variety, I stumbled across a line of fellow bleary eye'd 20 somethings on Angove St, North Perth. A line?? On a Saturday morn? What the Jesus could possibly have a group of people lining up on Saturday morning? Free vodka perhaps? A bus to Melbourne? That's all I could think I would possibly line up for. Alas it was coffee...I had walked past Milkd many a time, preferring to perch my derriere outside the Urban Pantry, purely due to aesthetics. But could I really risk bucking the the latest trend? God only knows what I was missing out on. I would likely end up a marginalised, ridiculed warb! I couldn't risk it. I lined up and Milkd did not disappoint. Using essenza coffee (an arabican blend) which is roasted daily, giving the beans a shelf life of no longer than 12 hours, my skinny latte was smooth, rich, strong and just the thing I needed to kick start my morning!




No comments: