Sunday 6 November 2011

Sunday Pancakes (pronouced Pun-ee-cuk-as)

This is my take on a the mango pancake recipe in the previously blogged about 'Collected Recipes' book. If I'm luck I get these served in bed with a skinny latte on a lazy Sunday.

Ingredients:
2 eggs1 cup self-raising flour
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 pinch sea salt
25g butter
vanilla essence (I use HEAPS, I don't think you can have too much vanilla)
3/4 cup of mixed berries2 tbs caster sugar
Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl, sift and add the flour, milk cinnamon, vanilla and salt. Whisk together. In a large frying pan, heat half the butter until golden then add some batter to the pan. I find it easier to cook one at a time and keep them in the oven on low heat to keep them warm.
In a saucepan warm the berries until simmering softly, and mash with the back of a spoon. Add the sugar and stir until dissolved and the mixture becomes slightly syrupy.

To serve, drizzle the berry compote over the pancakes and eat copious amounts until you feel sick and then sleep some more.

I also like to serve with mashed bananas and fresh mangoes, home made strawberry jam, sugar and lemon, good quality Canadian maple syrup, stewed apples....mmm

No comments: