Tuesday 15 November 2011

The Annex - Mt Hawthorn

Our beautiful Perth is home to many hidden fashion treasures. More often than not, you will stumble across stunning boutiques, tucked away inconspicuously as if to remain a secret from mainstream society.

Even though I would love to keep this little treasure tucked away in my very own ‘black book of beautiful boutiques’, I feel it is my duty to reveal its location.

Nestled amongst café’s and bars at 145 Scarborough Beach Road in Mount Hawthorn, in what was once an old Chemist building, is The Annex.

Walking into The Annex can only be described as walking into the home of an old friend. Oozing warmth and sophistication with its dark wooden floors, pressed tin wall and classic décor, you almost expect to be greeted with a glass of red wine and seated at chesterfield couch for cheese and biscuits. Beautifully arranged fresh flowers, an old piano, gorgeous knick knacks and homely prints only add to the stunning vibe of this refreshingly unique store. 


Once you arrive back down to earth, you can most definitely expect to be greeted with the friendliest of smiles from Carla - The Annex’s lovely owner as well as the most amazing scents drifting from the ‘Astier de Villatte’ scented candles. Displayed beautifully on a rustic wooden table in the centre of the store, these candles are designed to capture in wax, the perfumes of key places around the globe - from Paris to Delhi. 



Starting at the very front of the long line of stunning clothing, I worked my way through a variety of sophisticated labels including Jessie Hill, Dahlia, Magdalena Valevska, All That Remains and Manning Cartell. It took every ounce of restraint for me not to take the whole rack into the fitting room, but I managed to somehow stick to the budget I had so unwillingly set for myself and refuse the calls of these beautiful clothes. In saying this, I was pleasantly surprised at the varying prices of these hanging gems.

The Annex also stocks denim from Bleulab and Blank, DITA eyewear, Desmond footwear and leather accessories and rumour has it - they will soon stock Camilla and Marc swim and resort wear. 


This beautiful store really has it all in my eyes and is a definite place to visit if you’re looking for something a little different. 

x

No comments: