Friday 16 December 2011

What you've all been waiting for...

I can't lie, this post about my 'famous' Rocky Road was drafted on Sunday and ready to send today. All that was left to do was purchase the ingredients, make the Rocky Road and capture its fabulousness in a photo.

The ingredients were purchased on Tuesday and sat patiently in my cupboard waiting to be chopped, melted and mixed, then eaten by 7 lovely girls on Sundays Annual Christmas Party (and perhaps a little bit extra for 2 very sweet toothed girls at work this afternoon).

Unfortunately I am one of 'those' people who was never allowed things of the yummy variety as a child, so anything that sits in the cupboard for more than 2 days and has more than 400 calories also has a death wish...

Suffice to say, the red snakes were devoured shortly after arriving home from work last night and the chocolate melts scoffed soon after, while discussing the days events with Mum over a glass of red.

I won't apologise.

Instead - I will give you my recipe and use someone else's photo.

(Modest) Nicole's Famous Rocky Road

Ingredients:

500g of chocolate melts
1 packet of marshmallow’s (I use a pair of kitchen scissors to cut each marshmallow into quarters)
1 packet of red snakes (chopped)
Half a cup of toasted coconut (if you like that sort of thing, I generally do one batch with and one without as I have fussy family members)
150 grams of chopped pistachio’s OR
1 packet of crushed Oreo cookies

Method:

Chop everything up and pop in a bowl, melt the chocolate in a bowl over boiling water and pour over the ingredients. Pop in a lined baking tray and leave in the fridge overnight.
This makes at least 20 pieces depending on how big you like them!
Enjoy x
NB: mine would have looked much better

No comments: