Saturday 3 December 2011

Beautifully Swedish

Freaking love Christmas?! Counting down the days? Nominated yourself to organise the office Secret Santa? Still sleep at your parents house on Christmas Eve and struggle to sleep because your so jittery your legs are moving at a pace similar to the time you accidentally had 2 long macc's and no breakfast? Eyes welling with excitement upon reading this? If you answered yes to any of the above and even if you didn't; Rekorderlig Winter Cider is for you!

Being one of the biggest Christmas enthusiasts I know, on occasion I still feel somewhat short changed when I wake up Christmas day to hum of a fan, the dog sprawled out across the floorboards and me stuck to my sheets in a ball of sweat (partially attributed to the overwhelming fit of excitement experienced immediately prior to falling asleep). These are not the nostalgic images portrayed to me as a child on various Christmas paraphernalia (think snow globes and advent calendars). I love a balmy night, but I wouldn't hate a white Christmas....snow, egg-nog, roast (that doesn't require fighting the masses to get the closest seat to the air-conditioning vent in order to enjoy), knitted reindeer sweaters, fireplaces and warm cider!

Whilst Rekorderlig may have no say over the powers that will be (i.e. weather patterns in the southern hemisphere), they were genius enough to create a wintery cider that is amazingly refreshing when served both warm and cold!

Made from a blend of apples, cinnamon and vanilla, this cider will transport you to a Christmassy Swedish style love-in even when served on ice on a forty degree day. In addition to 5 other flavours, this aromatic little number will be accompanying me to all upcoming events of the silly season.

No comments: