Wednesday 8 February 2012

O Thermomix, where art thou?

Twas autumn, 2011 when I first lay my eyes on him.


A handsome specimen, who could stop even the most resilient woman dead in her tracks. But with an air of mystery and an expensive price tag was he really worth the risk? Were the things ‘they’ said true?

Was he really that good?

Surely dips, cakes, curries and jams; sorbet, ice cream, bread and soups; pasta, rice, yoghurt, skin care, cocktails and play dough are not even something we could consider one machine to accomplish!?

It wasn't until a recent weekend away, I realised the truth. The lovely Rachael had decided to put my mind at ease and bring him along for the ride.

I watched with a sense of nonchalance as he was turned on to 'work his magic'. Not only was our friend able to be carted 2 and a half hours away, but he seemed to be quite easy to put together - show off.

The first creations were a beetroot dip and a Cashew Parmesan and Spinach Dip. In a matter of 3 minutes, the dip was made from fresh ingredients and devoured.

 


With 12 people eager for more and to prove it wasn't a fluke, he went on to produce the most delectable sorbet.


While we sat and pondered whether we were living a dream, he sat quietly... modestly and left us to consider his worth.

And as if I wasn't already sold, I was recently lucky enough to enjoy a coffee with gorgeous Marnie, who just happened to have baked a sweet walnut bread... in her Thermomix!


Well... not only did she reserve judgement when I literally inhaled this delightful treat, but she let us take the rest home!!!!!!!!

Oh my word.

There was nothing left to decide.

I need a Thermomix.

Mum?

3 comments:

Rach said...

Love It!!! What about for your engagement?? or Wedding?? Perfect gift for the start of your married life, although you will have Geordie who is a thermomix!!

Anonymous said...

I was actually thinking it could be my version of an engagement ring for Geordie! He wanted a Quad Bike - I give him a Thermomix? Seems fair....hahahahha xx

ThermomixBlogger Helene said...

Oh yes! I know this story all too well. It happened to me too! Thermomix works its charm on the most resilient of us. I NEVER thought I would let a gadget of any kind into my kitchen but *BAM* all of a sudden, life turned upside down and has been so much more FUN since Thermomix arrived. I hope you get your dream Nicole ;-)