Friday 17 February 2012

Cheeky Rascals

Did I ever mention that I love school fetes? Well I do....and I'll do my best to drag along the closest person to me so I don't feel like a weirdo twenty-something childless person, hanging solo at a typically family oriented event. Getting high off baked goodies and crafts by yourself is sure to raise eyebrows.

On a weekend back in November, the unfortunate victim was my husband. Poor thing. After bribing him with a pre-fete caffeine fix at Hubbles Yard on George St (my most favourite street ever) we plodded up the hill to East Fremantle Primary School. This is where I came across my copy of 'Cheeky Rascals'. Mr B. was not the least bit impressed by my fete enthusiasm, so while he sought refuge at the home-made fudge stall, I set out to get my hands on this treasure of a cook book. When I heard that these tasty tales had been collected by the kids and relatives of the school (some of which were family secrets until now) I had to support this local project. A browse, some chocolate fudge and a cupcake later- my curiosity was satisfied.

The recipes are divided into seasons and feature some beautiful photography and playful food styling

So far I have tried and tested the Hubbles Yard Chocolate Raspberry Cake (above)- to die for! ...and the Brown Rice & Lentil Salad- amazing! Next on the 'to do' list is the Avocado & Ginger Icecream; Drunken Peaches and the Beetroot & Quinoa Salad

Well worth the $20 investment.

Get your greasy little fingers on your very own copy by popping into Hubbles Yard, Harpers Emporium, The Wine Store or Willow and the Bowerbird, all located on George Street in East Freo

No comments: