Monday 5 September 2011

(The girl with the) Green Thumb... a progessive post

Green Thumb: (n.) An expression used to describe someone's affinity/skill at gardening or growing plants. Urban Dictionary


Given that my boyfriend Geordie has just bought a gorgeous little cottage with an amazing garden full of fruit trees and spends the majority of his spare time cooking wonderful meals, I feel I have no choice but to cut off one of my thumbs and grow a greener one. My mission begins with a herb garden and veggie patch.

So if like me, you've only ever eaten the produce from a veggie patch/herb garden and left the maintenance up to someone else (thanks Mum), then stick with me and I will attempt to inform you of all you need to know about starting, maintaining and harvesting your very own herbs and vegetables.

No comments: