Tuesday 10 April 2012

The Seventies



I can see the twenty year old me cringing at what I am about to post...

So what did the seventies have to offer aside from soft rock music, boho fashion and an increase in the sales of Stone's green ginger wine? Well I won't go as far as saying that all design aspects from the seventies are admirable and worthy of reproduction (i.e. the pairing of brown with orange), but the following are but a few note worthy contributions from the seventies:

Wall paper:
Simple pendant lighting:

Gorgeous interiors mixing soft furnishings, clean lines and geometric designs:

Fabrics worthy of reclaiming for reupholstering and making vintage cushions:

And I cannot believe I find myself saying this...and believe me I would take a Victorian or Art Deco home over a seventies number *any day of the week (*Wednesdays being the exclusion), but having found myself wandering through the adjoining suburb of Coolbinia on a regular basis whilst walking my dogs; I have gained an appreciation for seventies architecture. And though hesitant at first, I have found the interest is ever growing:

No comments: