Monday 2 April 2012

Instant Delight!

Now I would not usually support the purchase of instant coffee, however Moccona's marketing department have managed to convince a coffee connoisseur (snob) to buy their cheap bitter product...and lots of it. How?!! By making an already functional jar simply beautiful.

These delightful jars are available for a limited time only - so make sure you pop into your local grocery store and get your hands on them while you can.

(note the labels come off to reveal the whole design)

If you miss out on these beauties, the regular jars can be made just as pretty!



So I find myself in a predicament...I don't like being wasteful, but I cannot bring myself to drinking instant coffee. So I find myself making mocha sauce puddings...daily, which is not good for the waist line, but it would be positively wrong of me to be wasteful. Right?


Ingredients:

1 cup self-raising flour
1 tbsp cocoa
1 tbsp instant coffee granules
1 tbsp boiling water
60g butter, melted
1/3 cup milk
1/3 cup caster sugar
1 egg
Extra 3/4 cup caster sugar
Extra 1 tbsp cocoa
Extra 3/4 cup boiling water

Method:

1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Combine flour and cocoa in a bowl. Whisk coffee and water in a jug until granules dissolve. Add butter, milk and sugar to coffee, whisking lightly until combined. Pour coffee mixture into flour mixture. Add egg and stir until smooth. Spoon into 4 x 1-cup-capacity bowls and put on a baking tray.

2. Combine extra sugar, extra cocoa and extra boiling water in a jug. Pour mixture over pudding. Bake for 25 minutes or until cooked through when tested in the centre with a skewer. Serve hot!

No comments: